The five-star Corinthia Hotel Lisbon has been awarded both Europe’s Leading Green Hotel and Portugal’s Leading Conference Hotel at the 2015 World Travel Awards, held in Sardinia, Italy. These awards recognise the hotel’s outstanding energy efficiency hotel project as well as for its world-class business facilities and service.
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon has received top awards at the prestigious World Travel Awards for the second year running. Corinthia Lisbon was amongst the final shortlist of eight nominees from the Europe category and was elected Europe’s Leading Green Hotel. The distinguished panel of judges and the consumer travel buyer also elected the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon as Portugal’s Leading Conference Hotel.
The World Travel Awards serves to acknowledge, reward and celebrate the enormous achievements to be found in all sectors of the global travel industry and is acknowledged across the globe as the ultimate travel accolade.
Reuben Mifsud, General Manager of Corinthia Lisbon, said “Winning both Europe’s Leading Green Hotel as well as Portugal’s Leading Conference Hotel make us very proud and underlines the remarkable team who work tirelessly all year to go the extra mile and offer individually-crafted experiences to all our guests. Our passion for hospitality drives us to improve and address the challenges of our time. This is why, in 2010, we started implementing tailor-made engineering solutions with state-of-the-art plant rooms. We can now offer high levels of performance on energy efficiency and we are able to produce energy autonomously.”
In March 2014 the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon inaugurated a renovated Lobby and Lounge Bar. The new look has created a high-end ‘residential’ warm welcome and the feel of true luxury where guests can enjoy a more intimate atmosphere and feel more comfort. The hotel conference and events facilities are the largest and best equipped in a five star hotel in Lisbon with 16 rooms gathered in the same floor with natural day light and a capacity for up to 1,400 delegates in a multi-purpose 32,000 square-feet space.
• Environmental Sustainability Project of the Year 2015 by the Portuguese Association of Hospitality and Restaurants (June, 2015)
• Luxury Hotel & Conference Centre of the European Continent by the World Luxury Hotel Awards (2014)
• Portugal’s Leading Business Hotel by the World Travel Awards (2014)
• Western Europe Region Energy Project of the Year for 2013 by the USA Association of Energy Engineers (2013)
• Gold Magellan Award Winner for its outstanding business and conference services in the Hotel/Resort Category (2011)
• Best Events Hotel at the third edition of the Events Annual Gala (2009)