1. What is personal information?
1.2 Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, birth date, address, email address and telephone number (“Personal Information“).
1.3 Other categories of Personal Information may include:
- Personal details: contact information (including mobile telephone numbers), passport information, gender, national identification information, disability or medical information, photographs, images
- Bank details: bank account numbers and credit card details
2. Information collected
2.2 Active information collection: We collect information from our investors. Examples where we actively collect your information include when you communicate directly with us via e-mail, by filling in online forms on our Website.
2.4 An example of where your Personal Information may be passively collected is when you use the Website. Each time you use the Website, we will automatically collect the following information:
- details of your use of the Website including your user name, city, country, page views, searches, downloads (file names)
- technical information, including your device model, operating system of the machine running your web browser, type and version of your web browser, IP address, date and time when you accessed the Website
- web page download information
- general Website usage information
3. Purposes and use of information
3.2 We may collect, process and otherwise use your Personal Information for purposes that are required by applicable law, regulation or other contracts or to allow us to fulfill our business needs and legal obligations. These purposes include:
- to administer, improve and develop the Website
- to manage our relationship with you and (if relevant) the organisation that you represent, including providing information regarding activities and news
- to administer IHI privilege card
- to personalise your user experience (e.g. by tailoring the content delivered to you on our Website)
- for legal disputes, regulatory investigations and compliance purposes
4.2 A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your browser for storage (i.e. so it can later be read back from that browser). The purpose of cookies includes providing more tailored communications from websites.
4.4 Your browser will return the cookie information only to the domain from where the cookie originated, i.e., the Website, and no other website can request this information. When you return to the Website, the cookie is sent back to the web server, along with your new request.
5. Disclosure of information
5.2 We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to our affiliates in the Corinthia group;
- to our agents, consultants and sub-contractors who assist us in running our business and who are subject to appropriate security and confidentiality obligations;
- if the whole or a substantial part of our business is to be sold or integrated with another business, to our advisers and any prospective purchasers (and their advisers); and
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
5.3 Some of these disclosures may involve transfers of your Personal Information to a country outside of the European Union or the wider European Economic Area (EEA) (“International Transfers“). The EEA is comprised of the member states of the European Union, and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- where the recipient of the Personal Information is located within a country which has been assessed by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information
- with your explicit consent
- on the basis of an agreement, designed to protect your information, in the appropriate form approved for this purpose by the European Commission (or an equivalent body)
- where we remain in control of the information; or
- where otherwise permitted under applicable law
5.5 We will make sure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information where disclosure of your information requires an International Transfer.
8. Information about related persons
The collection of personal data relating to persons under the age of 16 years is not within our interests. Should it come to our attention that such data has been passed to us without the approval of the parents or legal guardian, this data will be deleted immediately.
Thereby we are reliant on the parents or legal guardians providing us with the appropriate information.’
9. Retention of information
10. Your rights
10.2 Under applicable law, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold
- request correction or deletion of Personal Information about you that is inaccurate
- withdraw any applicable consent for processing and transfer
- object to our using your personal information for marketing purposes
- object to profiling and automated decision making
In some circumstances, you may also have a “data portability” right to require us to transfer your personal data to you or to a new service provider.
10.3 We will ask your consent if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes.
10.4 To exercise any of these rights at any time, please Contact Us.
13. Contact us
- email: [email protected]
- address: 22, Europa Centre, Floriana, FRN 1400, Malta
- telephone: +356 2551 4000